FISH BONE POWDER – GOOD FOR HUMANS AND ANIMALS
- Calcium is an essential dietary mineral. It is present mainly in skeleton, which provides structural support for the body. Calcium is also necessary for muscle contractions, nerve cell signalling, and blood clotting. Calcium deficiency is known to lead to osteoporosis and is very common, with an estimated 20% of the New Zealand population being calcium deficient.
- Fish bone is a natural source of a highly bioavailable form of calcium.
- Contains naturally high levels of calcium (25.14%) and phosphorus (12.75%) in their natural physiological ratio of approximately 2:1, the perfect ratio for the human and animal body to absorb.
- Naturally contains 14.2% marine collagen, good for your skin, hair, nails, and beneficial for joints.
- Calcium Fish Bone Powder retains all of the naturally occurring minerals and trace elements, including iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc, etc.
Bone health requires more than just calcium. Fish bone is also rich in minerals, including phosphorus, magnesium and other trace elements. When all of the minerals in bone are naturally present in the right physiological ratio of approximately 2:1, it then forms a crystalline structure called hydroxyapatite. Calcium hydroxyapatite from fish bone is considered to be the most bioavailable form of calcium.
Fish bone is a rich source of collagen, our Calcium Fish Bone (MCHC) Powder Capsules contain approximately 14% collagen. Collagen is a major component of joints as well as tendons, ligaments and skin. When collagen in the joints wears away under mechanical stress or is degraded during inflammation osteoarthritis results.